25 June 2013

Woodburning

I have reconnected with my woodburning tools.  They have been gathering dust for years.  I started a project probably 7 or 8 years ago and it's been sitting waiting for me to return.  Well, return I have!



As you can see from comparing the Virgin to Christ, it looks terrible as simply a line drawing (er, burning?), which is where it had been sitting for all those years.  The shading really transforms it.  And I'm only halfway there.  And yes, this stuff requires patience, so I'm getting in some practice before #3 comes and really tips the scales of my sanity.

In other news, I came across this article the other day and just about peed my pants laughing.  It's a hilarious comparison of 1st, 2nd and 3rd pregnancies.  Like I said, I died.  Actually, I'm surprised I didn't go into labour right then and there.  It's just as well.  I would have had a hard time breathing...

No comments:

Post a Comment